Monday, January 07, 2008

Schmart art

This blog has gotten incredibly boring. Or maybe it was always boring. I'm brainstorming on ways to jazz it up a bit, maybe with some pipecleaners and feathers.

There's no time better than now to talk about my fantastic new art project which I'm stuck on. I've been getting into doing stencil art alot in the past 2 months and now I'm working on some designs to do a shopfront for a vintage clothing/costume store in Marrickville. It's exciting, and scary at the same time.

This is also what I have been running around in the middle of the night for. All I want this year (apart from the Melbourne thing) is to develop my sense of style.

Years ago I gave up on art because it never provided a meaning for me, and turned to writing instead. Street art has the meaning I was looking for but couldn't find. It's not some pretty picture hanging on an empty gallery's wall acting redundant, it's 100% street art and it's alive. The satisfaction that it gives me is more than I can explain. It takes away the sadness, the cravings, the loneliness and replaces everything with peace and light.

I think I've finally found my way. I feel happy, I feel like I'm riding a flow and it's never going to stop. I think I've finally figured it out.

2 comments:

Gemnastics said...

and you are on your way to making marrickville less of a hole.

karen said...

huzzah!