Came home to find out my brother is now staying at a friend's place to avoid my dad after UH OH CRASHED CAR. Find it amusing that I'm the one always being accused of running away, but it's my brother whose actually doing it. Apart from that, I like the sound of 2007. I roll it around on my tongue. It sounds slippery and sharp and mysterious and exciting. I look on the new year with salt-pickled eyes. Everything looks different and new, and I'm okay with that too.
To crack in the new year, I thought I'd do my ritual Triple J hottest 100 voting before the ABC server gets too packed (ie: on Jan 25th). My list as follows:
- Augie March - One Crowded Hour
- Bertie Blackman - Hold Me Close
- The Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
- The Herd - Unpredictable
- Muse - Starlight
- Pretty Girls Make Graves - Parade
- Regina Spektor - Fidelity
- The Streets - When You Wasn't Famous
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
- Youth Group - Catching And Killing
Realised that I really haven't been listening to the radio or music much in this past year. Most of these songs would be cringeworthy from overplay in any other situation.
This month is a very big month for me. Job review, AWARD school entries, journey to Adelaide, road trip to Anna Bay. Everything that happens in the next 30 or so days spell out what the rest of 2007 will be like.
I'm a bit scared. Might just pee a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment