I went to Port Melbourne when I was in Melbourne last. I saw another Melbourne beach. I do not like the Melbourne beaches, they look like something out of Brighton or Adelaide. I do not like my beaches flat and grey. I like them with big cliffs and stinky seaweed and yellow sand and hot mexican sun.
I am quite liking my new life. I think everyone should give up their day job and move back to their parents house and do what their hearts (not pockets) desire. Maybe not forever but at least for a month or two.
I am considering staying in a monestary for a while. I need to look into this. I'm not sure whether catholic monestaries accept women. Otherwise I will need to go to a Buddhist one which I think is a little more rougher. I do not mind about denominations - I believe in a little bit of everything and in a whole lot of nothing.
I love Sydney in Winter. It's so much nicer than Summer. Blue skies, fast wind, beautiful sunsets. Why the hell does no one sing praises about this? People are so cliched sometimes.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This sunday i am going to a buddhist retreat in the dandenongs for a week. it's called a working visit - you work for them 9-5 and in return they feed you, give you a bed, and in the evenings you can do all their meditations. it's in a beautiful bush setting and it's full of other visitors, some overnight, some weekend, some who live there semi-permanently. they make a point of saying that everyone is welcome. i go to their classes in st kilda weekly. if you want, i can give you the info.
don't go to a monastery. christians have rules, expectations, deprivations.
Yeah I've been looking into the Nan Tien Temple near Wollongong, but they only do weekend accommodation. The Dandenongs one sounds really good, but petrol is expensive these days. I will keep that on a list for future visits.
Post a Comment