Friday, August 31, 2007

Stop being so boring

It's wierd when people start getting stuck in their patterns. Doing the same thing day in, day out. Going to the same restaurants, bars, shops, every week. Mimicking each other so they all start walking around in clones, with the same lunches same clothes same boring old routine.

Am I the only one who notices this madness? It's happening all around me. it makes me sick in my belly. There is something very 1950's sci-fi horror movie about it that I find unnerving, and maybe a teeny tiny bit amusing at the same time. There is something comfortable about routine but this is taking it to a whole new level. I mean, what's the point of doing anything if you're not doing anything new?

This is the part where I promise to do something different every day, something not so Karen. As my way of avoiding ever getting trapped in this hideous movie monster cycle.

I could perhaps undertake a Dice Man experiment like the lovely Dale Slamma. Although I will need to invest in a pair of die first.

So I guess this is how it's going to be. Die or die.

4 comments:

Gemnastics said...

i am pedantic and must point out that die is singular.

karen said...

That's kind of embarrassing, I didn't even know. Although know that I think about it it makes alot of sense.

Although I did end up buying a die. A shiny orange 12 sided one.

DS said...

Shiny orange! That is spectacular. I cheat and don't use dice at all. I toss a coin or ask whoever I am with to say randomly yes or no without telling them what the question is. Sometimes I use cats, if the next cat I see is tabby then that equals yes. Goodness I really am boring at the moment.

One word of advice, be careful which decisions you leave up to the lovely orange die. I nearly ended up getting a spray tan on the weekend. That would have been hideous. Hideous!

karen said...

The cat method is a good one! Especially when my area is filled with cats. No birds though.

I'm being a sneak and only listing choices that I am partly interested in. I considered listing things like "participate in masochistic sex" and "become parson" which might have led to some hilarious stories but alas, no.