Monday, June 11, 2007

uh-oh-spagettio!

THE SET UP

After our oh-so-craaaazy party, me and Banana Grabber did some house cleaning to remove the general stickiness and stench from our humble abode. Our landlord had kindly dropped off a leaf blower/mulcher off the day before which was left in the front hall, so I moved it to the backyard so Loud Sex Housemate could put it in the shed (the shed is full of his shit, I dare not enter.)

I also needed to shampoo the lounge room floor so I moved Loud Sex Housemate's filthy 80s carpet outside in the back so it could get a bit of UV love.

Then Loud Sex Housemate calls up (he was out at lunch w/ his gf) and tells me not to clean up anything in the backyard because he'll take care of it later in the day.

So I figure, hey, it's his rug and his shit is in the shed, and he'll be home later today anyway so I'll leave it for him to sort out.

THINGS START GOING WRONG

Anyway Loud Sex Housemate never came home, never cleaned up the backyard, and by Wednesday the Sydney storms hit and his rug got soaked. And about 1/2 our backyard caved in (including everything he was meant to put away).

So to dry the rug, Loud Sex Housemate slings it over our fence. Little does he know this will just cause the rug to snap in half. I tried to explain to him how to dry a soaked rug but he is dumb as shit so I, feeling guilty for having put it out there in the first place, have saved it and set it up to slowly dry on the laundry floor.

AND THEN GET WORSER

Except tonight he comes up and tells me he found the leaf blower/mulcher in the backyard and asks who put it there. I completely forgot about doing it so I said it wasn't me. And then he's complaining about how he's so pissed off that it's gotten wet and doesn't want to pay for a new one. I try to explain to him that we should check that it is actually damaged and whether it can be repaired before running out and buying a leaf blower/mulcher that he knows nothing about.

So now I think I've broken two things, and it is my fault but it's partly Loud Sex Housemate's fault too. Maybe if he was more clear on his promise ("I'll be back to clean up but you better do it for me because I actually won't be back") or maybe if he did what he said he would on the two free days leading up to the rain, things would be different.

I hate him so much.

(Note I do not hate him just for this incident, but for a number of stupid things that happen every day. Like him accusing me of stealing his enviro bags when they have been missing for THREE MONTHS. Gr.)

No comments: