Monday, April 16, 2007

I hate work.

Apart from the fact that it's been insane since my boss "suddenly left" (I'll leave that up to your interpretation my clever little pixies), work has been crazy hectic. I'm also the only digital writer there, and about 90% of the work we do is digital.

Anyway. We're having a hard time replacing him and apparently there is talk of me being promoted and getting a junior. Yes please!

Except the other senior writer thinks we should get in another senior, even though:
  • we don't need one
  • it will cost more
  • we know THEY WONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE INTERNET SO THEY WONT BE ABLE TO WRITE DIGITAL AND I WILL HAVE TO TRAIN SOMEONE 20 YEARS OLDER THAN ME JUST TO DO THEIR JOB

I have a feeling she just wants someone closer to her age so they can hang out and talk parenty stuff. Like the previous temp we had. They gabbed about having kids and it was great. Never mind the fact that she couldn't use email OR FREAKING MICROSOFT WORD.

So. If I don't get this promotion. I'm thinking of moving to greener, better paid pastures.

I am pretty angry now. The next few days at work will involve trying to get this sorted out for the benefit of my bank account. I may or may not delete this post. I hate making work posts. So scared someone will find it and I'll get fired. Eeeeeeeeeep.

No comments: