Tuesday, February 20, 2007

a minor thing

so today one of my friends at work (who is older and male and married) asked me, on msn, if I was a virgin.

It doesn't sound like much but it was out of the blue and I got pretty offended by it. And he didn't understand why and now I'm pissed off and not talking to him.

It sounds like i'm overreacting but I talked to another girl about it and she thinks its creepy more than anything. I also think it's pretty juvenile, like me being a virgin or not has a bearing on my understanding of life, which is what he seemed to be implying (he's told me a few times he thinks of me as a sweet, virginal 16 year old girl and likes to give me advice about growing up).

For the record, I AM NOT A VIRGIN. But when I was I couldn't stand people asking me about it, then making a judgement over how grown up I was because I hadn't had a dick in me. And for the record, I was alot more mature or level-headed than most of those people.

So sure, this incident is probably sour grapes from when I was a virgin, but I think it's a stupid question and I don't like people asking it of me. I also don't like talking about my sex life in public and I really don't think it's anyone's business except my own, my boyfriend's and my gynaecologist's.

No comments: