Friday, December 29, 2006

So apart from the UH OH CRASHED CAR scenario happening at home, my mum has also decided that I'm too much of a bitch to live in her apartment in Randwick. Which is actually fine with me because I was worried about her always threatening me with the lease, popping in unexpected at 5am in the morning, wanting to stay the night in my bed etc.

Which leads me to the next saga of my exciting life - one which I entitle, LOOKING FOR A CRAPSHACK TO DWELL IN. Aka inner city sharehouse filled with about 5 people.

I don't want to live in a nice sanitary apartment. I want a tumbledown terrace with people hanging out the windows and poo in your kitchen sink. I want all the drunk glory and all the hungover horrors. I want people's cats peeing in your clothes, ugly naked drunk men sitting in your kitchen, showers that don't work toilets that don't flush garbage bins that are never emptied.

If you can't tell, I'm starting to miss living in share accomodation.

I've already started looking at listings (I won't start applying til I pass my 3 month probation which happens at the beginning of February). And so far I've already found some great ones.

Classic Listing No 1:
The two couples living together who are in their mid 30s and call themselves "a bit crazy!" Watch out for the photos of them sitting around the dining room table waving hello, playing the bongos, or their actual BLOG with information about themselves, their friends and the crazy (but only a bit) fun they have in their rediculously manicured house.

No thanks. Living with two couples would be bad enough (fifth wheel anyone?) but the bongo playing and attempts at being trendy hipsters is cringeworthy enough for me to keep FAR FAR AWAY.

Classic Listing No 2:
Hippy house in Newtown, which advertisement for a housemate consists of only buzzwords. eg:

"queer-friendly. Integrity. Open-mindedness. Fun. Value harmony. Responsibility.
Non-judgemental. People-person."
Ahh god pass me the bucket now.

Can't wait til I actually start going to visit some of these sharehouses in February! They should be fun. Fingers crossed I don't stumble onto any rape gangs.

No comments: