I am such a dumbass. I've spent the last few years buying every book I want to read, and then today I came up with the brilliant idea of visiting a library.
Oh. my. god. I cannot believe I didn't think of doing this before. I used to be a massive library nerd and then somewhere I thought it would be a better idea to buy all these books instead. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY I'VE WASTED ON BOOKS? ALOT. THE ANSWER IS ALOT.
So today I visited my old local library, got my card from 1997 renewed, and wandered the shelves doing that wierd head to the side to read the spines pose. I borrowed one book for bookclub, and 3 books about Sydney history, which is a favourite nerd topic of mine. Once I finish with these I'm going to borrow some books on how to program javascript. I learnt how to code html 10 years ago from a library book. My nerdom is pretty fucking heavy. I think this is going to develop into one of those obsessions which will ultimately end in a tragic scene of me greedily balancing 20 books in a teetering pile out of the library doors, then tripping on a paver, only to have all the delicious books spill before me and everyone pointing and laughing. Nerd.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm scared of libraries.
How did I miss this comment! Is this in the same way that you're scared of Goulds?
Post a Comment