I'm amazed at how frustrated I can get. Work is getting extraordinarily bad, made worse by trying to work with the flu all week. And to top it off, my stupid stomach problem has come back, which is messy and unwelcome.
Tonight I was meant to go see The Tongue and Astronomy Class FREE! at Beach Road Hotel in Bondi with The Banana Grabbing One, which I've been looking forward to for ages. And then tonight, 15 mins after he was meant to pick me up, he calls to tell me he's drunk in the city.
If he'd bothered to let me know he wasn't coming earlier, I could have caught a bus there, but he didn't, so I didn't. I also forfeited on attending a Mays Lane Opening (with my favourite artists ever!) for it. FUUUUCCCKKK.
So I went and took a hot bath to cool off, and read a soggy copy of Voiceworks cover to cover. And now I'm thinking again about Melbourne, and money, and my folio.
It seems since I made The Decision I've come to conclusions about all my ifs. It's almost like this life is ending and Melbourne will be a completely new one.
There's nothing to be afraid of anymore because there's nothing left to lose.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bugger. I think that I find that sort of thing the hardest thing to cope with, I hate it when people do that.
ah, but beware - you may think melbourne is a new beginning, but it may be the beginning of more trouble. i fled myself and went to melbourne but discovered i'd followed me here.
on the other hand you are ten times more capable and resourceful than i, perhaps it will be the idyllic New Start you need.
you'll never never know if you never never go. i hate darryl somers.
Yeah i'm a bit concerned, if everything gets worse then I'm fucked on what to do with my life.
I don't think I'm more capable or resourceful than you Gem (rather the reverse) but I am hoping that a combination of money and good luck will save me.
I hate him too.
Post a Comment