Thursday, September 06, 2007

And that is for certain.

Too many Madam Co Cos make my head reel. A long walk home in the rain should have been sobering; so should have stumbling around my house trying to clean things up with a leather band tied around my head.

It is none of these things.

These streets, these scents, these people, they all inspire disjointed little phrases that accumulate into zero.

(So many things to say and so little time?)

it is moments like these I should pull out some paper and begin working on that book.

I am currently reading On the Road, and it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It makes me long for life and love and hate and nothingness. I could fall over and cry - I have seen my destiny and as I slowly hurdle towards it like an asteroid in the vast expanses of space, I know that nothing, the good and the bad, can stop me getting there. I will make it one day.

2 comments:

Gemnastics said...

on the road is fantastic, ignore anyone who says otherwise and treat them with disdain forever.

karen said...

This is true. I finished the book and it made my head reel (in the good way)