I feel more positive about things. It's like I've realised that there is an end to things, there is somewhere to go, that this isn't it. That there's hope.
Everyday I am smiling and laughing. I am relaxed. There's a spring in my step. My eyes feel wide open. I feel wide open. I am excited. I hope this lasts.
I have decided that I'm definetely going to do it - I'm going to make the move down to Melbourne. Not yet though, I have some things to sort out in the next few months. Like my job. And my boyfriend. But this will be huge. Moving to a city where I ultimately know no one. Where I have to find a job and a place to live. Hell, I don't even own a car. I have no idea how this will happen.
Here are the pros and cons currently weighing each other out in my head:
pros:
- It's a really nice amazing city
- Great public transport system
- Everything is smaller, more accessible
- Better arts culture
- Clubs, restaurants, cafes etc
- Cheaper cost of living (rent, definetely)
- It's wide streets make me feel relaxed
cons:
- The weather
- I know no one (this is a pro and con)
- smaller adv industry
- likelihood of getting paid less
- I will be away from everyone I know and love, including bf
- Horses pooping in the street
- The lack of giant azn population, homeless people, garbage streets = lack of reality??
- The boys there seem less wanky
- I will probably never swim at the beach again
- I do love summer
Hmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my god! Yay! Another convert! This was me a year and two-thirds ago. I went through all this. I have much advice.
No! Don't leave me in Sydney. People, my kind of people are all going away. Soon I will be the only one here. Just me and the ice cadets and old David who eats ice cream whilst sitting in his motor old-person scooter thing.
gem - tell me all! The good and the bad! And things I should consider but I obviously haven't thought of! I am wide eyed, awe filled and keen to know more.
dale - you'll just have to move too. Like my non-psycho housemate says, "all the cool people are in Melbourne"
Post a Comment