My house has a ghost. We call it Floyd.
I live in a 2 storey terrace. Before I moved in, my housemates had been living here for a few months. They both live in the upstairs bedrooms, while my room is actually the loungeroom downstairs.
And before they moved in, the house was owned by a gay couple. Gay 1, lets call him Floyd, got AIDs, and died. We think he died in the upstairs bedroom with the ensuite, and that Gay 2, lets call him Larry, was his helper. Carrying him to the bathroom, administering medicine, holding his hand and praying to all the crucifixes and Mother Mary statues they had hanging around the room. When Floyd died it seemed Larry left the house in a rush, not wanting to be tormented with the life that they once shared together in this house. It's heartbreaking.
Except it seems Floyd never left, or went to heaven, or do whatever dead people do. Instead he hangs around upstairs. I've always had a funny feeling everytime I went upstairs to go to the bathroom and now I know why. (Apart from the fact that the corridor looks like something from The Shining.)
Floyd likes the ensuite bedroom the best. He'll move things around, drop things off mantles. Turn on the stereo when you walk into the room. Play with your hair when you're sleeping. Once my housemate who lives in that room (loud sex guy) had this fucked up semi-conscious dream where he was talking to Floyd. He saw Floyd. He met Floyd. Fuck, he had a conversation with the ghost that haunts our house.
The other housemate (Where's Wally because he's never around) doesn't really believe in ghosts, but he's seen him in his room, and he has massively fucked up dreams where he awakes screaming.
Loud sex guy is hardly ever here because he can never get a good night's sleep. I'm thankful I'm downstairs because it feels perfectly fine in this part of the house. Except now whenever I go to the bathroom I am really super scared. I hope I never see anything. I don't think I could handle it.
But we like to call him Floyd. Our fourth housemate.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment